Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It Doesn't Make Sense

So I was very fortunate in that I was offered an internship with the lovely people at Cedar Fort Inc. They're about a fifteen minute drive on the highway from where I live. As I don't have a car, I figured I could make use of my local transit authority (ie I'd take the bus to and from every day).

I got online to check what the bus schedules/fare would be like only I discovered that the bus that goes south from Provo (where I live) to Springville (where Cedar Fort is) only available between 5 and 6 in the evening and the bus that goes north from Springville to Provo is only available in the wee hours of the morning.

Now I'm sure this is great for all the kids who live south of Provo but go to school at BYU or UVU. The bus runs on a perfect schedule for them. For kids who need to travel in the opposite direction for any reason? Not so much.

But honestly, it doesn't make sense to me that you have a bus route that doesn't go in both directions in the morning and in the evening.

Back to the transportation drawing board...

No comments:

Post a Comment