Sunday, October 2, 2011

This is why I like him...

There is a boy in my life. He is called Brian. He is currently sick with some sort of nasty cold bug and started bombarding me with text messages. I thought I would share them here, so maybe you can understand part of why I like him.

Log 1
I will be keeping logs to monitor my progression through the stages of this unidentified disease. Hopefully this record will be of some benefit to those stricken in the future.

Log 13
The meds [editorial note: Zicam] seem to be working--my vital signs are showing definite improvement and a full recovery now seems an actual possibility. Fingers crossed.

Log 17
Continued recovery--morale is up, and med supplies are good. Look forward to my last log entry soon.

Log 25
Unforeseen setbacks--nothing serious, but I won't be expecting a recovery any time soon. Meds still working, albeit with less success.

Log 39
Condition deteriorating fast--meds have become completely useless against the disease's onslaught of symptoms. I'm going to try to enter hypersleep to slow the spread to contagation

Log 45
Failed attempts to enter hypersleep--I can only conclude that the disease has unkown properties hat prevent its victim from entering any kind of stasis.

Log 55
Condition continues to deteriorate--new symptoms are discovered every hour. No signs of improvement.

Log 61
Darkness begins to envelope my mind as I spiral into the depths of agony created by this disease. My only solace is in the orange flavored meds--it reminds me of home.
Home.
It's so far away now...

Log 68
The hallucinations are getting worse. The line between fantasy and reality are becoming  so blurred...I don't know how much longer my sanity will hold up.

Log 74
I pity any man who finds himself in my predicament--the disease is unstoppable. My only wish is that these logs are preserved to help mankind's struggle against this unknown menace. Farewell. I go now o die, a man hopelessly lost in a sea of misery. Please, don't let me die in vain.

Thus the end of the logs. Keep in mind that he sent these to me all in the space of about two minutes, several of them were out of order, and I got Log 39 about four separate times. But I was laughing the whole time. This is why I like him.

2 comments:

  1. Does he know that those blogs are liable to end up in a novel someday? That's the kind of things you read in sci/fi-fantasy! :)

    ReplyDelete