Sunday, June 19, 2011

While Cheering on the Rafishoon...

This past Friday, I had the grand opportunity to cheer on my little sister, The Rafishoon, at her swim camp meet. I made a really rad sign, unfortunately the only picture of it that I have is on my phone, so if you want to see it, you'll have to ask her. When I flashed the sign at the meet, I could hear her laugh even though she was down at the pool and I was at the other end up in the bleachers.

Anyway, something really funny happened while I was cheering on The Rafishoon, and it goes like this:

While the kiddos were preparing to do the 500 (which involves swimming 20 lengths of the pool), the ones who weren't swimming went to the far end of the pool to wrestle with large signs on posts to help the swimmers keep track of what lap they were on. While they were doing this, one of the moms who was there to cheer on her daughter came over to me to ask if I knew what they were doing.

At the time, I didn't really know for sure what they were doing, but I made an educated guess and suggested that they were probably trying to keep track of what lap the swimmers were on for a longer race. This lady and I got to talking about how neither of knew that much about swimming and we were just here for moral support. Then she asked me the golden question.

"So, which daughter is yours?"

Please keep in mind that The Rafishoon is only 4 years younger than I am and the youngest kid at the camp was probably 13 or 14.

Please also keep in mind that I'm not even 21 yet.

Basically I thought it was super funny and it made the whole meet AWESOME (even though The Rafishoon didn't take first in her event).

So, to the lady who thought I was the mother of my 16 year old sister, thanks for the laughs. I needed them :)

1 comment:

  1. This has happened to Chelsea plenty of times, expecially when we were younger. They only think shelby is her daughter though and then they think that i am shelby's friend. i am never considered part of the family..just a friend :[ which i am, but sister is more important!

    ReplyDelete